Another trip down to Orchard ION.

It was supposedly a dinner date with Shimin and Laura but Laura couldn't make it at the last minute. Her heels were giving her problems. Blisters! I always get them. This reminds me of the pair of Charles and Keith heels which i bought last week that does not fit me well. I intend to give them to a friend of mine, but i'm the kind that believe in superstitions; giving shoes to your friend is akin to chasing her away. In a dilemma.

Dinner was at Sho Teppan. The place looks like the normal Teppanyaki you see in foodcourt except that the ambience is better and instead of the metal plane which is commonly used, they use convectional stove.

I ordered sliced pork with kimchi. Kimchi! I was crazy over them for a period of time. Being the fussy me, i'd only eat those that are imported from Korea. Those made in Singapore which can be bought from NTUC have a different texture than Korea's. Korea's kimchi are harder and better to chew on, whereas those made in Singapore are softer and doesn't taste right. This doesn't need a gourmet to validate. I'm sure that if you try them, you can taste the difference too.

Shimin had beef for dinner. Stole a piece from her. Pretty good. The portions are quite big; the two of us were trying to finish everything off. It comes with a soup, rice, salad and the main course.

The server will mix the pot for you and you don't have to worry about the food getting burnt. However, you can also mix it yourself. I did it myself as i prefer the pork to be a little burnt, partially, it is also because the server is quite busy. The place was full house even on a Wednesday evening, with a queue outside the restaurant.

My dish!!! With lots of kimchi! Shimin had already started eating before i could snap a shot of it. haha. We were really famished by the time we were given seats.
We went shopping again after dinner.

I bought a shirt and a pair of heels and Shimin got nothing. I really got to watch my spending habits.
Signing off. VeE
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]