A lousy day. I'm glad that there's someone to accompany me. Did a little exploration around Bugis today. We wanted to dine at a cafe a few streets away from Bugis but their kitchen closes at 7pm on weekdays. I think their lunch crowd bring in most of the revenue.
Therefore, we settled at Crystal Jade.

Salted egg minced pork rice and watercress soup. Their soup is fanatasic! I thought it would be bland tasting water with some greens but i was dead wrong. They used chicken soup for base which goes really well with the vegetables. I can't comment on the rice though. (It'll be biased.) I'm a sucker for salted egg and minced pork. This combination rocks!

Shimin's fried noodles and century egg porridge looks appealing, don't they? I won't mind if i have them for breakfast everyday. The noodles are chewy and not oily whereas the porridge tasted good! The texture is like yogurt, not grainy and the saltish taste is just right. I have no idea how to describe it.

This tree brighten up my awful day. A nice spot for camwhoring.
Signing off. VeE
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]