This Chinese New Year seems different from the past. I don't feel a thing when i walked around Orchard Road which was filled with the festive decorations, neither do i get a sense of what's going on when i walked past stalls that are selling new year goodies.
I haven't done my mass spring cleaning yet, apart from throwing away some clothes and books. There ain't any shopping for clothes this year, no goodies or bagua on the table and the basket of oranges in nowhere in sight. It didn't used to be like that. In the past, i could feel the festive season 1 or 2 weeks before when i had to help out, make buffet reservations, call up my relatives to remind them to come to my house on the second day of Chinese New Year, make sure that the barbie dolls still have their limbs intact so i could play with my cousins and nieces.
Nothing for this year.
All just because my uncle said that he's more senior and everyone should go to his house. Crap. Why are you breaking the tradition? It has been my house for over 10 years. You could have asked nicely. Not just because you are more senior. If you want to harp on seniority, we could have this celebration over your house for the last 10 years.
Crap. I despise you. I didn't enjoy last year's celebration and i never will.
Signing off. VeE
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]