It's been months since the whole family sat down for dinner, together. We did that today. And yes, it brought a smile to my face. It's hard to get things going with a menopausal mum. Really really hard. And i reckon this will go on for a few years.
Someone save me... A crazy idea popped into my head just after dinner. Your Truly went for a jog! It has been ages since i went to the track! I think the last time i jogged was back in JC. Loooooong time back.

Back when i still know how to dribble a ball and do lay ups. I'll most probably end up in hospital if i ever try to play basketball again.

Wore the same pair of shoes that i had a few years back. I have forgotten how sports shoes feel like. It feels so foreign to me.
So foreign. It seems like i'm walking on air. Way too comfortable than the heels i've traded for when i graduated.

I was a real bitch in JC. Testing the school system with neon orange shoes
(i used to like the colour orange) and coloured socks. The same goes for my sports bra. I hated the idea of conforming. I guess it's the hormones during puberty. If dull shoes and white socks will make me smarter, i'll definitely go for them. Or blame it on the fact that i was an Arts student. I can't see the equation between what i wear and the academic results i'll produce with the two variables, bright or dull. Can someone do a theory on that?
The jog was pretty nostalgic. I still remember the times when Miss Rivera
pushed us to run. Those times when my legs feel like giving way but i still persisted to finish the rounds. I really feel like giving up this evening. But the images in my mind kept me going. The bright sunny 3pm afternoon, the huge patch of grass in the middle of the track, the two basketball courts, the heavy water container which requires 2 people to lug from the tap all the way to the court, the bags of smelly leather balls and
The One who always paced with me.
These thoughts kept me going for 6 rounds. I must be a mad person who is struggling to jog and smiling at the same time.
These are the memories that will stay with me.
I miss those times.
Signing off. VeE
3 Comments:
the head behind yours (in the first pic) looks a bit scary.lol.
you know who i am right? i change my blogger name to sth ppl cant 'search' for. lol.
Dot... Of course I know who are u lah. Lol. Hmmm... Tried to mosaic her off. But tt makes the picture looks very weird. My legs are aching now. -_-"
i feel like gg jogging too. but im not as strong willed as u when it comes to jogging...haha..
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]