Tomorrow marks my first year with this company. I can't help feeling sad about this. How time flies. It seems like I just went for the interview yesterday. I still can remember the questions the interviewers asked, where the they sat and a faint memory of what they were wearing. Can't recall much on my first day at work, apart from my colleagues who gave me a warm welcome. That meant a lot for me, who had a bad freshman experience at my first job.
It's been a long growing journey. We started everything from scratch; building templates and setting procedures. From nothing except the three towers to a Singapore icon that the world recognizes (for the good and bad). Grew up a lot since then, gotten more independent. Was amazed at my ability to work during opening. Lots of overtime. The worst I had was going home at 1am and reaching office before 7.30am. I survived those days! Made me realized that I can actually do things which I thought was impossible. I reckon that it's up to me if I want to do it. It's all in the mind.
I've learnt a lot in this company. Computer skills, human-relation management, team work and of course love, forgiveness and respect. Used to think that 'v-look up' is a powerful tool until I came here. V-look up is just a baby thing. I'm really glad that I have colleagues who are willing to impart their skills to me. =) I guess that in other companies no one will really teach me. (A sidenote: there are excel tutorials on YouTube)
I feel that what I have gained most in this company is learning how to work with colleagues and superiors. The people here is the reason why I show up for work on time everyday. We are like a big family. We have a big brother who is able to troubleshoot and save our asses, an older sister who ensures that we finish our work on time, a few of us who can work with 'mo qi' and a baby sister who makes my day. A team which helps each other out. It's to the extent that if one of them is working through an assignment halfway, any one of us can take over without asking much questions. We know each other's working style.
'Love, forgiveness and respect'. These didn't come easily. Had a few incidents and we managed to work it out. 'What doesn't kills us makes us stronger'. Totally true.
Frankly speaking, I enjoy working here although I bitch about it a lot. Anyway, good things don't last forever, and things are beginning to change.
Hoping for the best.
Signing off. VeE